Friday, June 20, 2008

Keeping it real

I recently read this quote.

“The call to authenticity is not a call to perfection; it is a call to recognize and address our counterfeit selves.”
(Robert Terry, "Authentic Leadership" page 268)
I am not sure if I completly agree with this. As Christians is not the call to holiness a call to perfection?
That aside, I like that second part, "it is a call to recognize and address our counterfeit selves."
In a way this deals with the process of becoming more like Christ, dealing with those things that on the surface we may be able to fake, the internal reality is so different.
My prayer is that I want to be an authentic reflection of Jesus Christ, not a counterfeit one.
I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me.

No comments: